Audio and Web Conferences
- A microphone
- A Webcam and speakers
- A display
- A software program that captures the voice stream from the microphone, encodes it, transmits to the other participant, and simultaneously decodes the digital voice stream being received from the remote participant in the video conference (most commonly referred to as a “Codec”).
- • A software program that bridges both parties together across a digital connection, managing the exchange of voice and video between participants. At either end of the connection, the video and voice traffic is combined and delivered to each participant in the form of a real-time video image and audio stream.
- An optional management tool for the scheduling of video conferencing sessions
Video Conferencing system
What is Video Conferencing system?
To set the foundations for future elaboration, at the simplest level, a video conference is an online meeting (or a meeting over distance) that takes place between two parties, where each participant can see an image of the other, and where both parties are able to speak and listen to the other participants in real time. The components necessary to make this happen include:
Uses of Videoconferencing
- Video Conferencing system for Business
- Video Conferencing system for Distance Learning
Video conferencing enable businesses with the ability to meet and to work with others over a distance. How it will help your business?
a. No Travel costs.
b. Save executive/experts time.
c. Fast decision-making.
d. Enable top management / team manages to quickly and effectively communicate with employees sitting in multiple locations.
e. Allows virtual project management with geographically dispersed peer groups at short notice.
f. Provides an effective way of delivering cost-efficient training
g. Creates a medium for conducting remote interviews.
Video conference is an excellent technology for education industry. Instructors and students are able to meet each other, share and collaborate documents and discuss subject and projects
Advantages of Video conference in educational industry:
- Saving travel time and expenses.
- Increasing an instructor's audience.
- Maintaining the ability for interaction between teachers and students.
Many schools are currently using videoconferencing systems for a variety of purposes, including
- Distance Learning Courses:
- Traditional courses.
- Connecting with guest speakers and experts.
- Multi-school project collaboration.
- Enabling teachers to share information and team-up with teachers in remote sites.
- Virtual field trips to museums, zoos, aquariums, institutions and other interesting locations that are geographically distant from the school.